Although the event didn’t go as planned (3 broken engines) we took a good number of positive points from the event:
- Suspension set-up greatly improved (thank you Gerard),
- Improved cooling efficiency (thank you Gerard),
- The team gelled well together (we missed you Phil),
- Team spirit was exceptional (never give up attitude),
- Lots of media exposure, driver interviews on Radio LeMans etc,
- Excellent catering by Media City Rotanna,
- New world record set by Eva.
After the event a detailed investigation was carried out to identify the cause of the engine failure, which was identiifed as due to overheating of cylinder 1.
To prove the engine issues had been resolved, the car was entered into the NGK 300km race in April.
NGK 300km race report to follow…….
And now for a few pictures:
Richard and his tools arrive at the circuit
Wednesday night event BBQ
Car on the way to scrutineering
Car heading out onto the track
Gerard & Chris working on suspension settings
On the grid for the start
One of the 3 engine changes